In my name!

I am afraid many a times,
When I am fearful of light,
Only darkness soothes me,
I feel my peace resides there.

For when I close my eyes,
Put a door to the world,
I am with myself,
In my own company.
I like being there,
Giving myself all the love,
the care I have. In little,
I do pamper myself,
I like loving myself,
it makes me realise of peace.

Beautiful words, such as warmth,
happiness, purity of heart and mind,
just give me reasons to be alright.
I don't know, how far my road stretches,
I just know that it's a road to be remembered.

Day by day, who knows;
Maybe, the destination of our lives end,
to one place?
That it is to happen to anyone,
that one's time on this planet falls short.
But, I want to live up to each day,
with all myself involved in living it.
That, I can't allow it to disappear,
this life of mine, in the glow of the light.
That, I want 'light', to love me as it did once.
I long to see the road dazzling again,
not that with the growing age,
I lose the very tender emotion to feel.
I want to overjoy on the clouds,
when my beloved would look at me,
I want to be, faithful towards life,
that one day it will give me,
what belongs to me, that I deserve it.

I wish to reach my goal, but above all,
I wish for peace to reside in my head.
I don't want to fight with people,
I want to befriend them, but then;
I want them to be little understanding as well.
Yes, fine; the few people I have,
who love me with all their hearts;
they of course understand me.
Then, why I am greedy of more and more people?
It's just because, I don't want to spoil,
my relations with my acquaintances,
I don't want to break anyone's heart.
In day to day exercise of life,
yes, somewhere or the other,
I may end up inflicting pain upon someone,
but then, who wants to do that intentionally?
There is something amiss, that makes that happen,
that years of friendship just vanishes with a quarrel.
This understanding I am talking about,
that I long for it. Yet, I am moving towards my darkness,
to give me wings to face the light and glow likewise.

Gagandeep Singh Vaid

Comments

  1. Wow! Your writings inspire me a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! this is really inspiring to me, that i can inspire someone and it's you! thank you for your kind words! :) all the best!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Love is togetherness.