Story of likeness and trust! Chapter-29

XXIX

That night was not dark, there was a lot in that night that was new to me. Although I was 25 years old, but I had never been like that, out with people; that too partying late night. It was 1am, and I was receiving calls from home. My mother had known me as a person, who kept to himself and didn't go out much, not even to party with friends. That day had been a different experience for me. In the company of Devika's friends, I had stopped feeling as if I was someone unknown to them. She had introduced me to all her friends, and we were sharing jokes and laughing together time and again. 'It was wonderful', in short.

To add more to the day, Devika and her friends including me, went on a drive that night. I was surprised to see the roads; serene, clear and long passages, with no movements anywhere; I had not experienced that in my memory. Pity on me! Then, I broke off from my reverie and I thought to myself that I had been a witness to these roads, while getting back home from trips and otherwise from wedding functions, that I attended with my parents. I had moreover lived in the same city for all my life. How could I say that I hadn't seen the night like that before? The perplexity of my thoughts cleared, when I sighted that, it was a different day, and I was looking at everything from a different light. A different touch, with people to care for me; that night, I had been star of the show, that night I had felt so free and relieved. No tensions for that point of time, I was satisfied for whatever I had got so far in my life, and waiting for my dream, to take my love for my art to new heights. I had my spirits, risen up with the day; in positivity and belief. I had walked a new stead in this friendship with Devika.

Devika was gossiping with her girlfriends, while I was chatting with her friend, who like me played guitar. It was a treat to talk to him. We exchanged knowledge about our art, whereas he sung few of his songs to me. He was also driving the car, as I was sitting on the passenger seat to his left. Girls liked his playlist of songs, as he played his favourite music. His choice of songs was not of my type, but I had liked his imagery of his music, I had no words for it. Rahul just appeared perfect in regard to his love for music. Then, he played hard core music, with really high volume. He was an adventure seeker, who would often go on trips, to explore the vastness and beauty of nature. From being a bagpacker, he had been a Chinese language expert. Rahul worked in the Chinese Embassy in Delhi. It was in that moment, that I had seen life how it could be lived with broadened chest and a smile on one's face. I wished, I were like him; that I had been full of life like him and Devika. Her group of friends had known, how to enjoy and cherish the times spent together and to also give time for the new memories to form.

We reached Connaught Place and stopped by an Ice-cream shop, that was famous for being open the whole night, and yeah; its ice-cream was unmatchable. I had Kulfi and Rahul had chocolate ice-cream, as the girls ordered the same. Devika came to me in the meantime, and asked me; whether I was comfortable with them or not? I said, I was fine but didn't know, if they were alright with my presence. She answered, "Gagan, don't be silly! They like you." I asked her, that how had she known that? Did she ask them, one by one? To this she replied that, "She was a face reader and a mind reader too." I thought, yeah; maybe she was right. Maybe, girls can read the situation too correctly. My thoughts had passed on to Dhreti, because she had been very intelligent in keeping me away from one fact, that is whether she was still waiting for me or not? I had been in that confused state always, because I had wanted to know the reason behind, her leaving school all of a sudden and breaking contact with me. In all these years, of all the people whom I had met; she was the only girl whom I had loved, and I had known her heart too well. Only, if the time was with us; I thought. Devika was talking to me now, while her friends were busy in their own world of talks, laughing off at jokes which I couldn't understand. They had that connect with one-another. While we talked about our roads, our dreams, with our points of view.

Devika: So, Gagan. What are you thinking?
Me: Not much dear. I am thinking about tomorrow morning. I will be late for work.
Devika: Gagan. Are you sleepy?
Me: Why? Haha. No. I know, it's time to sleep but no. I am good.
Devika: So, Gagan. It's Sunday tomorrow. You don't have to go for work. Chill!
Me: Oh, yeah! It's Sunday.

A smile glittered on my face. She smiled with me. 

Devika: So, feeling better?
Me: Umm.. yeah! It's better!
Devika: See, Gagan. Do justice to yourself. Take it up completely. We have talked about this before as well. I am sure, that you weren't joking.
Me: Yeah, I know. I will take it up.
Devika: When, Gagan? It's never late to start I know, but at least you have to. Think about it, seriously now. It's alright, at least you will smile whole heartedly and laugh with all your heart, when you follow your passion, what is everything to you. It's not merely a hobby to you. Right?
Me: Yeah, right. I get you. Thank you!

We went back to join others in the car and in sometime Rahul had dropped me home. We were happy faces, and I had new memories to cherish. The next day was Sunday, I opened my eyes widely; day to sing, to keep myself busy with what I loved doing. 

"Good night. See you tomorrow." I said to myself, and met my bed at home.


To be continued,
Chapter-30
Next in--
8:00 A.M.
09/01/2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Love is togetherness.