Story of likeness and trust! Chapter-25

XV

Devika, it is about this girl whom I saw everyday in my dreams. One day, finally I met her, I met Dhreti. Childish yet innocent dreams of this thirteen year old boy, who had felt that she was the girl, whom he could talk to. I had felt so close to her, without the need of exchanging much news or thoughts. She had that connection with me, that whenever she saw me, she was laid in innumerable thoughts and she was curious to know me, and befriend me. We were children, sweet and gentle little babies. Class after class in school, we would look for each other, and only when our eyes had made it sure of each other's presence in the room, was there happiness and peace to carry on our talks with our friends. Although, we talked less but what we felt for each other was something which I had termed love in those days. Not just because, she was in love with the nature, she liked to spend time on the field, sometimes playing football in the morning practice in school and sometimes, being the sole girl who played hockey with boys in the games period from our class. She had love for flowers, and in the small patch of the field, where flowers would bloom in the month of March, she was always there so much engrossed and happy within herself that I would like to follow her everywhere. You can call me, a stalker but I would call myself, a follower. 

I had not loved her for her facial beauty, what I had loved about her other than all that I have already told you, it was her smile. Because, when she smiled, the world seemed like a fairytale. I would dream of her beauty of heart, just by seeing her love for flowers, dogs and yes, she loved chocolates. I didn't have any taste or love for chocolates, because I had liked to keep my money only to spend it on a packet of Fun-flips, that was cheap in price and when I would score well in any subject, that was rare although, then I would treat myself with a Cadbury 5 star chocolate. But, as the days passed by, other boys of the class brought chocolates for her, and I was only looking at them, being close to her. My heart melted, I didn't feel jealous, but I got to know the truth, that I could never befriend her. What at most I could do, was to praise her purity of heart and always wish that she would get the best in her life. Given, she was so full of life; that I learnt from her, what it was to live life wholeheartedly. Then, with the passing of days, I tried to talk to her, but she didn't look much interested later on. She already had, her group of friends to care of her, and I felt as if I had yet again become an unknown to her. 

You just said it right Devika. People come to us and impact our lives. Whenever in my shy disposition, I tried to speak to her, she was no longer willing to listen to me. She along with her friends, started making fun of me, when my pronunciation of words wasn't right, I was hurt and I had found the person within me missing somewhere. Day by day, I got on to speak my grief to myself and I would wonder, that to express myself to someone would only mean that I were asking for sympathy and pity, which wasn't true. I didn't want anyone in my life, just because I was needy of someone; I wanted people in my life, who could look within my being and amongst all of my imperfections, accept me as the Gagan I was then. He had nothing to do with the world but he was happy in his own dreamland. When, I didn't get to befriend this girl, whom I had adored; I started losing confidence even more in myself. Within my heart, I felt so bad that I felt one day for sure, I would answer them with my capabilities, that I wasn't weak. I wanted to stand up in front of them, and using my imperfections, describe them that love didn't ask for perfection to reside. I was getting away from this world, the bond of friendship, I was only happy being with myself. I respected myself, for who I was. 

Anyways Devika, it's a long story I have narrated to you. Gosh! It's a lot!! I need to stop now. Do I make sense?? 

Devika was like, okay! I am getting the hold of it.
It's cool you said all that to me. I am so happy! You made my day, Gagan. While you were narrating your cute story, I was wondering those cutie babies in front of me, wearing those school uniforms and your hair messed up, and Dhreti, the girl right? ya, her love for flowers, `for chocolates.. hey you, every girl likes chocolate, you're so dumb.. haha, what were you doing when other boys were bringing chocolates for her? dumbo!! you had loved her, hadn't you? and dude, why didn't you move on with this past story, I am just not getting it. But, yes we agree on this point at the end that, people come to our lives, to give us reasons to smile as well as to be sad about, but that is what is life and what gives us memories for a lifetime to remember and yes, somewhere cherish too. I am sure, her memories, would still lighten your day with the freshness of roses and love with which the petals of a flower hold themselves. haha. It's been an amazing journey Gagan. I am glad you told me that! Hey, you know? 

She paused.

I asked, what 'you know'?
She said,
Thank you!

Me: Haha. You, funny girl! Devika..
Devika: Oh! Gagan, you told me that she understood you, like no one else did? Is there, another part to this story?

Me: Yeah, there is!
Devika: We are catching up soon..!

Me: Surely!
Devika: Cool, then. Take care.

That day, she asked me to tell her more about Dhreti. She wanted to know more and more and more. The call ended, and I had found a friend finally. Who had been capable enough to make me utter all that I had in my heart in that moment. I switched off the lights of my room and whispered, "Good Night, Gagan!" with thoughts of Dhreti, when she had met me at the metro station and brought memories of my childhood to me. 

To be continued,
Next in--
8:00 A.M.
05/01/2015
:) Thank you for reading. Love and regards!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Nobody's worth living for..! Ending. (Written by Kasak)