Story of likeness and trust! Chapter-20

XX

I found a new job one of those days, but it was not as good as the earlier one. Still, I was happy and content with what I got. I knew where my dream was, and what belonged to me! I was in a good mood that day, because I had a new company to work in after all those interviews I gave. The working conditions were not bad either, but the basic salary was less in comparison to what my previous company had paid me. Overall, if anyone was to see then it was a fall for me. As most people changed jobs when they found a better one, that made them move up the ladder of success in their respective fields; I had changed one, firstly because I had lost my previous job, secondly, I had no other option. As simple as that. Moreover, it didn't quite disturb me; I knew what belonged to me! Also, it wasn't purely my field, that to fall aback would hurt me. I had heard my heart and yes, my heart ruled my mind those days.

On my way back home, I entered a general store and got few packets of cookies, chocolates for my mother and for the children who would visit our home; mostly my younger cousins. I had felt satisfied, yes like I said; I was happy and content. I had thought of my parents. How relieved they would be, to know that I was no longer jobless. Smile embodied its grace on my face and I opened the gate of my house. I rang the doorbell and my father's eyes met mine. He was looking deep into my eyes, and I could sense what his eyes asked from me. "Pa, I got a job. It's in the Fredrick and Co. , it's the same job profile. I'm happy, that in this Economic Climate, I have got a secured place." As soon as I used the word secure, I knew that my father was not convinced. The expression on his face said it all, and I paused. When I told him my salary, he was in all rage upon me. As if, I had committed a crime. I had never wanted to see him in wrath like that, but my eyes couldn't respond any longer in normal gaze. My eyes welled up once again. Like it had become a ritual to me. I never knew, how many times had tears lined in the past months, moving down my cheeks. I wasn't strong emotionally. The whole world had moved beneath my feat, as my dad left me alone at the door. With the same mood of melancholy that took over the hopeful smile as I entered my house, I stepped into my room and laid on the bed. I hadn't changed my formal clothes that day. I seeked some moments of silence and closed my eyes and slept, I don't know when it came. Even the cookies I brought for my mother remained in the bag, unaware of where she was that time, that day.

To be continued--
Next in, 
(Chapter- 21) At,
Time: 8:00 A.M.
Date: 31/12/2014


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Nobody's worth living for..! Ending. (Written by Kasak)