Story of likeness and trust! Chapter-19

XIX
I had well thought of it, and I was glad that this realization came to me. I had to be back, in the place that belonged to me. Where my soul found solace being. I had to be there.
Before, I could respond to my dream, my love; what came to me, was a sort of a setback. If one asked my colleagues at work, then it was a big setback to all of us. Our company had crashed, running into losses of hundreds of crore. This wasn't expected, that the company could go bankrupt. It was not only about hundreds of employees who had only lost their jobs, it was also about those people who had invested in the company. They had lost their money, to the Economy slowdown affecting our fifty year old company.
At my home, my parents were affected by the intensity of the news. Well, I was the sole bread winner of my family. Yeah, as my father was retired from government service, he received his monthly pension. But, we couldn't depend on his pension. It had belonged to him, not to me. I convinced them, that I had a good C.V., and with such qualifications I could get another job in the same sector. 
They had been affected already, that to break another news of changing my entire field could make it all the way more problematic. No longer did I want to see them, losing their sleep because of me. I had seen that happening to them, when I was poor in my grades in school. The very thought of such reversal yet again haunted me fully.
Meanwhile, my father lashed out at me one morning. He said, "I told you Gagan, don't settle for these top-notch companies. Government jobs are way too good, they give you job security." I knew, he was angry but I maintained my cool. I knew, what I had to do. Look for another job, with the same qualifications. I started job hunting yet again. Everyday I left, I was confident that I was a perfect pick for the job profile I was applying. Yet, in my heart of hearts I had known it really well, that my road, that my goal, that my actual dream smiled at me. It knew that I was coming. Yeah, I had to make another start in life, but at the moment I had to find myself at a secure place. For my dream, I couldn't keep aside the expectations of my family from me. They had loved me, they had done so much for me and I knew it very well. So, I continued preparing for interviews; looking for a new company to work in.
To be continued..
Next in--
(Chapter- 20) At,
Time: 8:00 A.M.
Date: 30/12/2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Nobody's worth living for..! Ending. (Written by Kasak)