Story of likeness and trust! Chapter-11



XI

When, I tried Diya's friends' phone number, it turned out to be switched off, all the way. We were worried about it. Diya had no other contact in Delhi, and no other number of Rosy. Further, they had been friends for a short while. When, Rosy had met Diya on the hills, and they both shared a passion for painting and sketching. Later on, when Rosy left the hills; they both lost contact. She couldn't anylonger depend on Rosy.

While all this happened, she had sunken into deep pit of agony and grief. She had lost her hopes. Maybe, she had to return back to her home. 
As the silence continued, this time she broke it. "I want to tell you my story. Believe me, I am not speaking a lie rather it is the life’s passage that I have lead through." She was serious, and her eyes had enough justification for what she was about to say.
"My husband left me, for another woman. I started to live with my parents, who are old and have two more daughters to marry. I was becoming a burden on their shoulders, and I felt a need to help them out of this situation they are stuck in. I wanted to help them financially."
I felt comfortable on hearing this truth and believed in it without doubting what she expressed freely. Diya looked into my eyes, as never before. Tears danced and submerged to the eye's curvature, only to come down to her cheeks. She was soft and gentle. I held her arm and she felt at ease. Diya had turned expressive at last. The bus driver and co-passengers surpassed a gaze at us when they felt that we were much closer to each other now. They had a slight idea of her troubles from the way she talked and I had listened to her. I was standing by a strong woman, knowing from what all injustices she was coming out. I trusted her.
"Look my dearest, I really don't know from where you have come and what all struggles you have led in your life. But, I would be there for you as a friend is. I will wish the best for you dear; don't get weakened. I say this so easily because nothing of such magnitude, occurred to me. I am certain that you know the world better than me. But, one thing is very true that you'll have to follow the struggle for your living and your family. You only have a hope to depend upon now. A hope, is your strength." 
I remarked once more, "Let me tell you that, nothing bad has happened. Let go of all your sorrows .You have all the right to move ahead. Bring smile on the faces of your loved ones. People who are in agony, who have known your condition very well. Your family members."
So, likewise I did the speaking part more as the evening drew closer and the sky was painted in the orange coloured frame. I prayed to her as gently as I could, I wanted her goodwill.
She questioned over what this humanity is? I told her, "as the world is a big place; people live because they have loved ones here. So, why not seek love with a new place, with a new set of mind set? Humanity is to care for each other and not to break someone's heart with evil thoughts. If things happen against you, doesn't have to mean that you lose hopes. Why not take a chance, to make your way out of these troubles; of being alone and yet being strong."  It was a big thing for a girl to settle in a city, who came from a village. Now, being unknown to the people, their manners. Also, she had no mere idea, if she could sustain herself and if she had a belief that she could. If yes, then how? Yet again, the questioned remained! 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From my school days, I had known a teacher who by that time had, become a caretaker of a children's home in Central Delhi. Diya could work there, pouring a mother's love on the children who were orphans. It was an important and sentimental decision to give off your-self to the God in the little creatures. I gave her, the idea of what went in my mind. On sighing a ray of hope she pressed her hands to thank me. I was touched and told her, that with her happiness even I was happy. We reached the Children's home that had been built with love, dedication and trust.
We walked into the premises and I read a board put on a wall to the entrance of the building. It was my teacher's name written on it, 'Headmistress: Mrs. Fernandes' It had been years after I had seen her. After I had passed school, it was around those years when she left the school for the Children’s home. Later, I met her once at a book fair when we sat together for coffee. I was overwhelmed to see her again, as she was to see me. She asked me about Diya, and later her family background on knowing the purpose of our visit. 

Mrs.Fernandes didn’t look satisfied, with what Diya had to say to her. She declared, “I am not crystal clear yet. Also, I am not sure if this young lady can hold such a responsibility of being affectionate enough to take care of the little children. Of becoming a mother to these kids." I tried to convince Mrs. Fernandes, that- "Diya would stand up to my expectations. It won't be bad to give her a chance to explain her love and care with her actions." Mrs.Fernandes, later on pointed that, Diya wouldn’t be paid anything other than being provided with food and shelter. 
I knew there was enough capability in Diya as she sat there, wearing a ray of hope in her eyes. I was deeply moved to catch her confident sight, when she smiled for the first time, out of tears. She promised me that she would stand up to my expectations. I asked her to thank the Almighty; for providing her with this new birth in an unknown land. Likewise, leaving her at 'The Children’s Home', I walked out of the premises. 
I left for my home and I was happy. Night greeted me with darkness and I felt alone this time, as I took the three-wheeler and rode back home. I searched within my being, if really I was alone? No, I wasn’t! I  got the answer back in a vibration, in a wink. 
Devyani appeared in my thoughts. She was to spend this dark night by her own, before she was to return back to Delhi, the next day.  I was sure, that she would get over the night all hail. The joy that she would configure in the light of the day, would be incomparable. 


To be continued..
Next in-- 
(Chapter- 12) At,
Time: 8:00 A.M.
Date: 22/12/2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Nobody's worth living for..! Ending. (Written by Kasak)