In your love, dear friend..

I say you hello,
You, my friend;
We had times,
Great and benevolent.

You laughed at my jokes,
We studied through
the empty classrooms,
When you came to the school,
to accompany me,
when we had a treat at the canteen,
you were smiling through your teeth;
and I liked your smile, it spelt serenity.

Now, times have passed,
you are really busy;
To say a hello to your dear friend,
is like to never get a reply back.

How I wish, if the stars were visible through,
be it night or the day;
oh, silly me, that I complain,
when I know you're there for me,
like the stars they say are,
not visible but still there.
I know that dearest friend,
that for you, in my heart remains to be,
a place as royal as a dynasty.

When you get a little free,
you could send me a hello,
then we will walk the memory lanes,
and eat again in the canteen by the roadside,
with a walk to stretch to a lifetime,
oh, yeah; I look forward to it,
in your friendship, of the stars and the seas.

Comments

  1. Amazing
    You reminded me of one such dear friend
    We don't talk now
    Because of this particular
    Reason... The distance which our road to different college created ... Your poem inspired me to message her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, nice to hear from you on this particular poem. I'm happy that it made you message her. Friends are for life, isn't it? "Distance only makes hearts grow fonder". Your lines. :) See, we inspire each other and get inspired by everything around us. Call it motivation or inspiration, it's what makes the momentum coming. Cheers, Manaswita!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Love is togetherness.