once i had a hope

life, what was it?
hopes bun together and lit.
yes, would the best define,
yes; it would outshine.
my life, would propel and accept,
all my flaws and insecurities leaped.

what was it,
they said 'twas life;
what was called friendship,
what was it called in hardship?
could anyone but determine,
whether, the sands would along dine,
with the rocks and the saline?

would the opposite people,
ever walk and travel a mile?
would they but not hurt over,
and let the bond sublime!
testify through awkward hurl,
and not exit itself in malign.

i looked at the sky,
i looked within my being;
i couldn't smile,
everything wasn't satisfying.
my inner tendencies were a lie,
i was missing them, i could wink.

to tell them, i was waiting;
the wait, that did sling and sling.
until, they were to respond,
i was a lake, i was a pond.
getting depleted from the ocean,
and light, to a decimal; i had become.

i kept my eye, at the surging waves,
i wanted to glow, alike my foes.
i wondered, i was one of those slaves,
who were abandoned from their homes.
in need, their hand of care, i had waited,
waited and waited; until depreciated.

then i had begun, my own walk of patience,
i forgot everybody, and i returned victorious.
i found my original self, life had been a magic;
a stance of happiness, i had achieved its' stick.

Gagandeep

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Love is togetherness.